Friday, October 5, 2007

Between Worlds

Somewhere between worlds I enjoyed
the companionship of your touch.
And you eyed my purple scarf with
the look of a Mischievous cat.

Somewhere between worlds I melted
in your poetic lingering kisses.
While your hands brushed the sides of
my shirt, hands with curiosity.

On a bus ride one day I collided with
your envious stare, I am struck.
A train wreck waiting to happen you look
like a pigeon with ingenious vows.

I had forgotten your name, but it spills
from requited lips, like a hymnal.
And your gaze of sky and snow locks
into my stare of utter disbelief.

My mind wonders to the moment when I
knew you and you knew my love.
When bodies touched in an impatient rage
quickening like a lightening bolt.

At dawn I slipped down stairs of shadowed
welcome and so I left you to dream.
I have forgotten your crazy ideals and trivial
games of introspect, want and worry.

Until that fateful bus accident where I was
entangled in metal and emotion.
Where your kiss slid off my lips like the words
to a smooth orchestral interlude.

Somewhere between worlds I knew you like no
other had ever known you before.
Silky skin breathing a vast field of complacent
colors. Touching my fingers and lips.

Somewhere between worlds, you were not a
stranger. You were mine alone.
Your thoughts,your hopes. And while no one
made a sound, we said it all.

No comments: