Friday, October 5, 2007

In this place

The river winds
as it always has
The trees still sway,
the same as the past.
But the setting is still
different somehow.
Though nothings changed
from then til now.
the exception being,
you are not here.
But I can still sense
your laughter here.
This place feels
alone and cold.
Haunting memories dance
through my mind so old.
I see us crying ..
for things that past.
I see us laughing for things that last.
It was so new then
so warm so elated.
Now it's gone
memories faded.
We will always be,
but in a different text.
We wait for tommorow what will come next?
I am here in this place
so unchanged.
But so far away,
So rearranged.
But our ghosts
still damce here.
Our laughter
still so near.
I will keep
the soft apparitions close.
As life goes on..
I will need them I know.
As I leave
I look back
I see your faces
you are all I lack.
But in this place
forever they live on......

Tatjanna Miller 1998

No comments: