Friday, October 5, 2007

What of the snow

What of the snow that fell the
day you left? Did it cast upon
you hope and purity?

You left prints in the clean white
crust. A lingering proof I had
lost my love, my security.

White flakes slowly fill your
steps. They cannot fill the
empty space in my heart.

What of the snow as it piles
between us. A cold wall that
keeps us forever apart.

And I breath upon frosted panes
watching for your arrival always
knowing the vigil is in vain.

I watch as iron sky falls gracefully
like a shackle bound to me. My
tears poisened with your pain.

Tell me, What of the snow when
you have left? What of the promises
now that you are really gone?

What of the days when we would
sit quietly and listen and sing the
melodic notes of "our" song?

The sky opens her restless arms
and cries frozen tears. Your trail
of sorrow has been erased.

But the memory is here. whispered
in every corner of my heart. and
every ounce of this place.

So what of the snow?
tell me again.

No comments: