Friday, October 5, 2007

nonsense

Candy colored dreams toss
about my healing heart, like
fluffy cotton candy at some
three ring circus.

When the show is over, love
lay discarded on cold grey
littered floor. Forgotten for
the the moment.

I was to busy chasing the
raindrops that dripped off
my eyelashes and slip down
blushing cheeks.

If there was sorrow I no
longer feel it there. I may
have left it with the filth
I threw away..

I'm sorry...Perhaps not.


Oh you startled me with
your words, odd like a
satin sweater on an old
white poodle.

And yes, that may have
been a smile. But the humor
was the end of the joke. not
the beginning.

I waited for the punchline.It
never came. So I wrote my
own and it was black and blue.
Much like you.

I'm sorry...Perhaps not.

Did you like me? In my sweet
dresses and clown like makeup.
I could dance in circles if you want.
but you don't.

Maybe I'll kiss your lips, Maybe
I'll just watch for awhile. Like
a raven waiting for her prey
to die, slowly.

Maybe I'll renew that pain. Let
you grasp that spot and just
run with sunshine and lollipops.
Maybe I will.

Perhaps not.

No comments: