Friday, October 5, 2007

Taking Flight

Taking Flight

heres the inspiration for your listening enjoyment:)








I watched as the road stretched
under wearied and aching foot.
As the sky melted from blue to
A mysterious drenching gold.

And I have wanted nothing more
then to be free. To shake this
corroded skin. To ignore the
sympithetic lies i've been told.

All these years shivering like a
fox in green thorny underbrush.
Lost, only wanting to be better
to be real in my own hazel eyes.

I have cleansed my soul of illness
loved who I have hated and opened
my eyes to the possibilities. seeking
the very thing I had learned to despise.

This angel never had the chance to
fall. Unused wings never kissed the
stars, but after all these years after
all the tears the angel will learn to fly.

Opening feathers of white, she extends
her reach and embraces the air.the
call of freedom eminating from the
mornings amber crowned skies.

And she soars high above it all. Above
the heat, the hate and the pain. this
is left to the cities, which now lie far
below in a haze of grey and white.

Finally she lives, she feels and breathes
what she has never known. for one
glorious second she knows freedom
only comes when the angel takes flight.

No comments: