Friday, October 5, 2007

When

Soft slivers of silver invade
the dark corners of this room.
once was the gold of an early
warm autumn. now a dream.

Sixteen, no cares, just you
and me. The wheat moved in
waves among the fields and
you held my hand, my heart.

You'd strum your guitar and
play my favoite song while I
laughed and layed on the grass
staring at big blue sky above.

And the kiss, so sweet so tender
so innocent and warm. There was
no other in this world just you. Hair
of gold eyes of blue, skin so fair.

The years flew by and change is
enevitable, In a grey room of
windows and glass you no longer
gave so freely, I no longer took.

Worn out and estranged you took
what I no longer had to offer. eyes
sunken, body weary from the high
and the low. I no longer loved you.

No goodbyes, just fade away. I
won't see you again. The gold
bleeding to black and my world
chokes on it's own sorrows.

The months rolled by, on your
birthday you came back, not as
yourself but as a child, but I know
those eyes. that smile. it is your own.

And so then the best gift you gave.
returning my autumn and it's gold
colors and the hope of something
more. Something that was lost.

There are nights when I dream and
I hate you less, your smile and silent
happiness melts me again. The sky
is blue like your eyes and I am laughing.

No comments: