Friday, October 5, 2007

Moving on.

I'm going to move on now.
But I'll look back always.
I'll see you here. Just as
you are, in no other way.

There may be new things,
new people, new places.
But yours is most familiar
amongst so many faces.

In my time, trivial at best.
I have forgotten simplicity.
I will find something new in
my life in an emerald city.

I won't forget what brought
me to the person I've become.
Giggles and whispers and tears
from when we were so young.

Always remember the night as
we danced in the pouring rain.
Heads held back, hands to sky,
laughing as we knew no pain.

Big city attitudes, in a tiny town.
glued down beds in corn fields.
Pushing old cars in graveyards
using snow to wash windshields.

Spray painted peace signs and
your driving shoes. that was us.
the cat gets tuna but we can eat
chocolate, man that was rough!

Yellow submarines on the transit.
Naked little bunnies on tabletops.
Vintage shoes, flannel shirts, all
the little things, way too much pot!

Party in a coffee pot, Jell-o shots
on a cookie sheet, whats in the sink?
growing up was all the rage, we did
it well. while your mom made a stink.

It can't be understood to anyone else.
time dwindled and we had to move on.
do you remember those times we had?
As long as we do they will never be gone.

No comments: