Friday, October 5, 2007

What Beauty is.

The Most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

In Germany I crossed the rhine, while singing
my Abc's and asking my mother about all the
things I could think of. She was beautiful, hair
of black and pale skin. And when she held my
hand, her touch was kind and loving. How the
years can be unkind to some.

In Oregon I played amongst evergreens,
douglas fir and picked blackberries until
my fingers bled. I kissed a boy beside a
creek and stole the wild pony named bubbles.
I learned to fly a kite on beach where mammoth
stones protruded from the waves.

In California I smiled in amazement
as the sun slid behind the horizon
like silk slides off the skin. I listened
to the silence of the redwood trees
and felt the earth as she trembled
in a sorrow filled sigh.

In Montana I climbed atop a mountain
and gazed upon a waterfall it's raging
water whispering of the snow and the
animals that visit her pools. I sat
above a river and contimplated life
under the rising yellow sun.

In Alaska I watched the rain fall
onto rocky shores while whales
displayed their wealth with a jump
and a splash. I watched as the
glaciers crumbled and rocked tiny
boats which sat below them.

In Tennesee I stood on a river that had flowed
backwards and cried for the caged eagle. I
talked to a man who believed in racism and
a man who thought one day He could change
the people who thought blacks were niggers
I hope that man gets his wish.

In my life, In my years though really they
are few. I have been around the globe, I
have heard songs made of dreams. I have
seen castles and Canyons, Glaciers and
green meadows. But I never knew what beauty
was until You showed me with your heart.

Until you held my hand, kissed my lips and
led me to the water where I could drink in
that love is not a game, not a toy and not
a deception. You showed me that real love
is unconditional, That even in anger, love still
exists..true love is real beauty.

No comments: